Monday, October 11, 2010

Bittersweet

I had a good conversation with a friend tonight about the beauty of all of life brought together into something more complete. Life is bittersweet, with all kinds of ups and downs, with exciting times and with boring times. I am reminding myself tonight that God makes my life beautiful as one whole masterpiece. If my life is a painting, I am somewhere in the middle of being painted. My life can appear confusing or bland or incomplete at times. But I must remember that every stroke of the brush has a bigger purpose (even if I don't feel that way in the midst of it).



Bittersweet ocean, up and down
Jostles and knocks me all around

Bittersweet story, long and dim
Will we wait to find out what shaped him

Bittersweet Monday, but mostly bland
Will you let your heart be stirred by His hand

You take it all and make it new
Throw it all together in a bittersweet stew
It takes some time and coordination
It's all leading up to something with anticipation

Bittersweet sunset in the cold
What a beauty to behold

1 comment: