Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Things I Want To Say

There are things that I want to say.

I want to describe. I want to bring light to what I see.

But I cannot say them, I have to let them be.

And so I am dim. I am silent and stirred.

What is felt is trapped inside me without spoken word.

I bear with and watch with my eyes half closed.

Damming up the river of things that I know.





Shouldn't I talk? Shouldn't I share? Shouldn't I show that I care?

No, I watch helplessly, all too aware.

Shouldn't I cry out and sound out the alarm?

No, I stay quiet, I do much less harm.




There are things that I want to say.



I look above, I look at precipices so grand.

Down through the clouds and across the swollen land.

There are things so beautiful that no man can contain.

Like a gentle soul or a single drop of rain.

Even now in writing, these
things are diminished.

The best I can do is to be a speechless witness.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry, the format is a little messed up. The preview fooled me into thinking this looked much different.

    ReplyDelete