Friday, May 14, 2010

Cocoon

This is my newest song. It's still a baby, so if you're going to laugh at anybody let it be me and my tired cracking voice. But you just wait. This song will grow up to be...just dang awesome. I'm stoked just to share this with you despite the poor recording. So, please keep in mind that this is only Cocoon's introduction! Okay, enough lame apologies.



"You are living inside a cocoon. Self-protecting inside your cocoon. Should you dare to crawl out all naked. You would find that you're still breathing. Don't let the cobwebs call me in. I've got a good life, and I don't want to waste it. Don't tangle me in. Cause I'm outstretched and you can't catch me. Wake up, wake up, and open those heavy eyes. Don't give it up like there's no more else to gain. It takes some strength and hopeful tenacity to be resilient in a state of suffering. I was living inside a cocoon. Paralyzed inside my cocoon. One day I dared to crawl out all naked. Was surprised to find i was still breathing."

3 comments:

  1. I like how you put the lyrics with it. This song reminds me of the new Donald Miller book that I am reading right now. It's really good!! (the song and the book)

    ReplyDelete