Saturday, July 3, 2010

And now for the "Doing Stuff" portion of this blog...

I've been running consistently (at least three days a week) for a few months now. More recently I've been running up and down the road for a total of over 3 miles, but today I ran the opposite direction and ran over 4 miles. Here are my stats:

Time: 10 minutes per mile
Longest Distance: 4.25 miles
Amount of push-ups before and after running: 35
Number of Peet's customers who said they saw me running: 2
Number of skunks passed while running: 2 (at the same time)
Highest elevation: I don't know
Funnest places to run: On trails, in the forest
Scariest place to run: In the dark

Running is great for your body, your heart, and your state of mind. Running has been a great release for me. It pushes me beyond myself. It helps me deal with stress and anxiety in a healthy way. And I feel good about myself when I run. I feel proud today that I pushed myself to run farther than I've ever ran before.

1 comment:

  1. Remember running the Hayesville barkdust circle? You've come a long way.

    ReplyDelete